Hey, we’re AgVend.
We began as a simple idea and a big-picture goal. We want you to know who you’re doing business with and why we started AgVend, so here’s our story.
Returning home from a series of farm visits near Thompson, Iowa in the late Spring of 2017, our co-founders, Eli and Alexander found themselves asking, “Why don't growers do more of their business with ag retailers online?” The growers they met with all seemed to use digital platforms for their household purchases and finances, but chuckled at the thought of having that same experience for their farm. With decades of experience in developing sophisticated digital platforms in eCommerce and agriculture, the two realized that even a small amount of digital commerce could have an outsized return for both growers and retailers. From there, they set out to find retailers, manufacturers, and distributors who shared that vision. Today, our partner retailers are leveraging our Grower Portal technology to create more efficient sales processes, optimize supply chains, improve margins, and ultimately deliver a better experience for their customers.
Meet our team below (or click here if you’re impatient).
What We Stand For
Long before our first Partner Retailer came onboard, months before our first employee was hired, and weeks before the company was even named, our founders sat down together and asked “If we were to start a company, what would we stand for?” They agreed on a set of core values that became the foundation of our company’s culture. Since day 1, we have held true to these core values and they serve as guiding principles for every decision that we make, big or small. They are a force in the people we hire, the products we build, and the customers we serve.
- Take Ownership
- At AgVend, we believe we are responsible for everything in our world. Each one of us has the power to realize opportunities, drive change, and delight our customers. We are humble enough to admit our mistakes and learn from our failures.
- Care Personally
- We are people first with lives and aspirations outside of our work. Our team brings our whole selves to work and we embrace our vulnerability. We seek to maximize growth and the long-term career success of our employees during their time with AgVend and beyond.
- Challenge Directly
- We embrace disagreements and trust in the constructive criticism and positive reinforcement of our teammates. We hold each other to the highest standards in every aspect and we are better for it.
- Operate day to day
- Being flexible in our day-to-day tasks allows us to put our customer’s needs and satisfaction above all else. Having the ability to prioritize our work based on clearly set goals makes it possible for us to tackle issues and take advantage of new opportunities as they arise.
- Ask Why
- It’s easy to fall into a normal workflow without questioning the “Why?” behind how we do things. We always strive to improve on the status quo of our own work as well as the work in our industry.
Where We Are
While AgVend is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, many members of our team work and live in rural communities throughout the US. We believe in hiring the best people regardless of location, and pride ourselves on understanding and embracing both the challenges and the blessings of rural life.
Meet Our Team
Daiton grew up on a diversified cattle and row crop operation in the rolling hills of northeast Iowa. She attended Iowa State University and earned a degree in Agricultural Education & Communication. Today, she and her boyfriend live on a farm they recently bought near Faribault, MN. When she’s not working, Daiton enjoys baking, beekeeping, doing DIY projects, and hanging out with her dog, Otis.
Pat's roots in ag come from working for his family in the nursery and greenhouse industry. He has earned two agronomy-related degrees and prior to joining AgVend, Pat worked for Alltech. Outside of working with AgVend's partners, he enjoys coaching wrestling and traveling.
Anna grew up on a livestock and crop farm in Upstate New York. After venturing to Purdue University where she majored in Agribusiness Management, she landed in Michigan with her husband. Prior to working at AgVend, Anna worked for John Deere Company and Carhartt. When she isn’t leading the Product Marketing team, you can find her sailing, working on the family farm, and hanging with her husband and pup.
Austin's agricultural career started with his family's small beef cattle operation in central Illinois. After graduating from the U of I in Champaign/Urbana he made his way back into the ag industry with a role at Granular. If he's not at work you can typically find him one of three places: the lake, watching baseball, or hanging out with his wife and dog.
Alexander is the CEO and co-founder of AgVend. Prior to starting the company in 2017, he led product and marketing teams in the agriculture and omnichannel retail space. Originally from a small New England town, Alexander now splits his time between Minneapolis and California. When he is not driving his team crazy as CBP (Chief Button Pusher), you can find him fishing or getting into some other outdoor mischief.
Eli found his home in the ag industry after spending almost two decades building technology platforms across multiple industries. Before co-founding AgVend, he worked for three years with growers and retailers on developing agronomic tools powered by aerial imagery. When Eli isn’t leading our product and engineering teams, he spends time with his wife and two kids.