Product Marketing Manager
Brief of the Role
We are looking for a product marketer to join our marketing organization. This is a new role and will be responsible for developing and executing AgVend’s product marketing strategy, including messaging and positioning, product launches, sales enablement, and more. You will report to the Head of Marketing.
AgVend is the leading digital enablement platform for the North American agricultural industry. The nation’s most innovative ag retailers, distributors, and manufacturers use AgVend to build, launch, and grow their digital strategy.
We operate a distributed-first team model, but periodically plan in-person events. We are looking for the best talent regardless of where you live. This role is open to anyone in the U.S. or Canada.
You are a data-driven storyteller. You have a demonstrated track record of implementing marketing strategies, driving results, and working in a fast-paced environment. You are adept at cross-functional collaboration, and just as comfortable producing work as you are leading projects and/or teams.
Ag-industry experience and/or B2B product marketing is a plus but is not required. If you come with a high degree of empathy, curiosity, and humility then you will thrive in this role.
Who you are:
- You have experience working cross-functionally with sales, product, and partner success, and have no problem driving initiatives through to completion.
- You possess a data-driven and process-oriented mindset and can distill complex concepts across a broad set of inputs; ex: competitive set.
- You are a creative problem-solver and get excited about bringing completely new solutions to market.
- You enjoy dynamic, fast-growing, work environments. You believe no job too small, no idea too big.
- You default to action. You understand that at a fast-growing organization you will not have perfect data to make decisions and thus must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Team oriented
- You seek help when needed, are open to constructive criticism, and have never uttered the words ‘well, that isn’t my job’ in a sentence.
- You recognize that arrogance is toxic and that modesty is key to being a good teammate.
What we expect of you:
You do what you say you will do.
- Define and build AgVend’s go-to-market strategy
- In collaboration with leadership, you will position AgVend and how we bring our value to the market.
- Define the customer journey and create buyer’s personas to ensure AgVend’s messaging and positioning is clear, differentiated, and resonates with target audiences.
- Support the AgVend brand by ensuring consistent messaging is used across all touch points.
- Be the expert on the industry and competitive landscape
- Conduct SWOT analysis, including market research to ensure we’re positioning AgVend strategically against competitors (aka MCCA).
- Build a library of proof points—quantitative and qualitative analysis on AgVend and competitors.
- Empower sales enablement and thought leadership strategies
- Build a suite of sales enablement content, including battle cards, sales presentations, solution sheets, case studies, videos, and more.
- Contribute to AgVend’s content calendar, including blogs, research / white papers, case studies, and more.
- Be ready for anything
- At our fast-growing company, you will wear multiple hats and need to be able to adapt to changing priorities. For this, you will need to be comfortable with your role evolving beyond this description.
What you can expect of us:
We do what we say we will do.
People First – we will seek to maximize your personal growth and long-term career success during your time with AgVend and beyond. We value our employees’ lives and aspirations outside of the company.
Ownership and Autonomy – you will have the power to realize opportunities, drive change, and delight customers.
Clear Expectations – performance goals will be rooted in our company values and objectives.
Competitive Salary – we know money isn’t everything, but you will be properly compensated for your work.
Company Ownership – you are fundamental to the success of AgVend and thus you will receive stock options in the company.
Travel – we strongly believe that there is no replacement for a firm handshake, so you will be expected to meet with our partners occasionally. We will compensate for all travel expenses.
Health Insurance – we want you and your family happy and healthy that is why all of our employees get industry-leading health coverage.
Ready for your next challenge?
Send us a note with your interests and background to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!