Brief of the Role
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our fast-growing team. You will be responsible for researching customer needs, creating high-fidelity wireframes, and solving problems for our users in creative ways. We will look to you to work directly with our customers and partners as a user advocate, collecting feedback and translating it into simple and intuitive designs. To be successful at this role you must be resourceful, empathetic, and creative. You must love asking questions, diving into details, and enjoy solving challenging problems.
While we feel strongly about periodically being in person together, we operate a distributed-first team model. We are looking for the best regardless of where you live. This role is open to anyone in the US or Canada.
Who you are:
- You love designing digital products that delight users and solve their real-world problems using technology.
- Detail oriented
- Nothing escapes your eye, no matter how small.
- Insatiably curious
- You keep asking why, even if you have gotten an answer.
- Team oriented
- You seek help when needed, are open to constructive criticism, and have never uttered the words ‘well, that isn’t my job’ in a sentence.
- You recognize that arrogance is toxic and that modesty is key to being a good teammate and leader.
- You have strong communication skills that enable you to work constructively with our partners and share concepts throughout our organization.
- You enjoy dynamic, fast-growing, work environments and relish difficult challenges. No job too small, no idea too big.
Qualities we seek:
- 2+ years experience in digital product design, user experience (UX) design, or interaction design, including mobile and responsive web
- 2+ years experience in user research
- Previous experience in the Ag industry is preferred, but not required
- A strong analytical and creative mindset
- Ability to iterate quickly based on customer and team feedback
- User-centered approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that build cross-team collaboration
- Passion for simplifying complexity and enhancing the user’s experience
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive to work on complex problems at scale
- Open to working in an autonomous environment as well as with a fully remote team
What we expect of you:
- You do what you say you will do – a core AgVend principle.
- Work closely with our customers to discover product needs and opportunities to improve the user experience, conducting initial user interviews as well as validating completed designs.
- Create end-to-end design flows with detailed interactions, focusing on usability.
- Use rapid experimentation to learn quickly, iterate, and get it right.
- Work closely with cross-functional product, engineering, and operational teams to create products that delight our customers.
- Solve problems as a self-starter in a fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities as needed.
What you can expect of us:
We do what we say we will do.
People First – we will seek to maximize your personal growth and long-term career success during your time with AgVend and beyond. We value our employees’ lives and aspirations outside of the company.
Ownership and Autonomy – you will have the power to realize opportunities, drive change, and delight customers.
Clear Expectations – performance goals will be rooted in our company values and objectives.
Competitive Salary – we know money isn’t everything, but you will be properly compensated for your work.
Unlimited PTO – we believe in flexible vacation time and sick time so you can rest and recharge.
Company Ownership – you are fundamental to the success of AgVend and thus you will receive stock options in the company.
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance – we want you and your family happy and healthy that is why all of our employees get industry-leading health coverage.
Ready for your next challenge?
Send us a note with your interests and background to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!